Our history

About The Martin Centre

The Martin Theater opened in 1940 and closed as a movie theater in 1970. Restored to its art deco splendor, the theater is now known as the Martin Centre and is used as a performing arts center.

Our goal as a nonprofit is to create access and excitement for the arts in our community as well as preserving the historic Martin Centre. This passion project will allow the Martin Center Preservation Company to take the first steps to stabilizing the Martin Centre as the focus of cultural arts and events in Douglas and Coffee County. We will strive to provide a professional theatre that the community can be proud of.  Ultimately, our goal is to help make Douglas/Coffee County an even better place to live and more attractive to new industry through access to the arts.


Post a comment

Copyright © 2016 • OutFront Creative • All rights reserved